When trying to run the run the 3D tests this error message appears "Warning: Nothing will be rendered."
The full error message is as follows
"Warning: Nothing will be rendered. The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced-functionality reference device installed. Please ensure that the most recent device driver for your graphics adapter is correctly installed. "
This message basically means that PerformanceTest could not find a video card that supports the features it requires. Possible reasons for this include.
- Lack of properly installed video card drivers. Update your drivers to solve this issue.
- Lack of 3D DirectX 9 capable video card. This is very rare these days but may be an issue on very old systems or some server set-ups.
- Lack of supported display resolution. PerformanceTest 3D tests need a minimum supported resolution of 1024x768.
- Other applications interfering with the display. One such instance we have encountered was "Pivot software from Portrait Displays" being used to switch the monitor into portrait view. The problem may have been that in portrait mode the horizontal display resolution was below 1024 pixels.
- If you are using a Nvidia Quadro card it has been reported that they may not work properly when using Windows Remote Desktop Connection (or another viewer using the RDP protocol). Using another remote viewer and protocol, like VNC, may solve this problem.