V8.0 Build 1054 - 17th/June/2016
- Fixed a bug that was causing advanced baseline searches to time out
- Added some new checks for disk caching software
V8.0 Build 1053 - 9th/December/2015
- Work around was made to avoid abnormally high Direct2D benchmark results if the graphics card driver crashed during the test. Some versions of Intel's video driver would crash with message
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". Switching to the Mircosoft supplied video driver also fixed the problem.
- Fixed a bug in the Advanced DirectCompute bitonic test where the displayed results could be calculated incorrectly
- Updated system information library
- Added support for Intel Xeon Broadwell-E CPU
- Fixed Intel Burst mode frequency measurement (it should be noted that Burst mode it not the same as Turbo mode)
V8.0 Build 1052 - 22nd/October/2015
- Updated system information library to recognise SLI and Xfire
- Added SLI field to baselines and info display
- Fixed a crash that could occur on some Intel GMA 3150 / 945 express graphics systems
V8.0 Build 1051 - 6th/August/2015
- Added support for Windows 10 and option to select Windows 10 when searching for baselines
- Updated system information library
- Fixed an issue where graphics cards with large amounts of memory were being displayed as having 4GB only
- Support added for Intel Skylake CPUs
V8.0 Build 1050 - 2nd/July/2015
- System Information updates - Added support for AMD Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 390X, R9 390, R9 380, R9 M375, R9 M370X, R7 370
- Fixed a error message displayed when using the auto launch command line parameter /a and not specifying an initialisation file
V8.0 Build 1049 - 17th/June/2015
- When submitting a baseline removed the need for a 3D mark to be included before submission to make it easier for server style setups with low power video cards to submit baselines
V8.0 Build 1048 - 15th/June/2015
- Fixed a bug on some systems with multiple CPUs where the correct number of CPU test threads was not starting
- Fixed a crash that could happen in the DX11 test
V8.0 Build 1047 - 28th/April/2015
- Changed advanced baseline searches so they should be faster when switching between pages of results
- Added a default "no sorting" option for advanced baseline search to speed up searches
- Fixed a bug with the cursor not always redrawing correctly immediately after a baseline search finishes
- Changed simple search to report "X baselines found" when < 100 or "Showing first 100 baselines" when more are found as we are no longer counting them to increase the speed of the search
- Added a check and removal of BOM when loading a customised key.dat file (file expected to be in unicode UTF-16LE format)
- Fixed broken parsing of pt.ini file when using /a command line options, pt.ini will be read in ascii or unicode (UTF-16LE) format
- System Information updates
- Added support for AMD HD 8690A
- Updated CPU specification information,aAdded Intel Cherry Trail, Braswell and Knights Landing, newer Intel Haswell and Broadwell CPU's, newer AMD CPUs.
- Added Intel Bay trail temperature monitoring.
V8.0 Build 1046 - 11th/March/2015
- Baseline Manager basic Search will now require the user specify a field (CPU / Video / Drive / Motherboard / Description) to search
- Baseline Manager, an Empty Advanced Search (with the Default Options) will result in showing the last day of submissions
- Fixed a crash that could happen when reading in the windows experience performance values in win 8
V8.0 Build 1045 - 27th/January/2015
- Fixed a bug where the "Save baseline" menu item was opening the "Export results as image" dialog
V8.0 Build 1044 - 23rd/January/2015
- Added option to display temperature as Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Made some changes so on some systems with dual Intel/AMD video cards the correct card is displayed in the results
- System Information updates
- Added support for AMD Radeon R9 285, AMD Radeon HD 7730
- Fixed a bug in the "Install to USB" function that would stop the install process when the USB drive ran out of space but didn't display an error message
- Fixed some incorrect tool tips in the File menu
V8.0 Build 1043 - 18th/December/2014
- Changed the memory information displayed on the memory tab when a test has just been run for "This computer" to match the summary and system information displays
- Fixed a bug with the script command REPORTSUMMARY where if no file path was entered the file was not being created in the default user directory
- Fixed a display bug where on systems that had no CD drive connected an overly large result would be displayed when trying to run the CD test
- System Information updates
- Added support for AMD R9 280
- Fixed possible crash due to size of string buffer not being big enough for certain DDR3/DDR4 attributes
- Fixed a crash if a localisation string failed to load
V8.0 Build 1042 - 28th/October/2014
- Added motherboard model name (where available) to PassMark rating information on summary tab
- Made a change so scripts will now process environment variables used for the EXECUTE command
- Replaced reference baseline #5 with a different system due to higher than normal 2D and memory results
- Replaced reference baseline #6 with a higher end system to match current hardware
- System Information updates
- Improved Bay trail supported (Corrected the number of L1 and L2 CPU caches on Bay Trail CPU's, CPU frequency display improvements)
- Intel Silvermont CPU support added
- Added custom names for AMD A10/A8/A6 integrated cards (eg AMD Radeon R7 A10-7850k)
- Added support for AMD Radeon HD 8xxxD/7xxxD/6xxxD/8400/8330/6320 video cards
- Fixed a bug in the advanced disk test where the data randomness value was being flipped each edit (eg 100 - 0)
- Fixed a possible crash that could occur in the DX10 test if some required resources became invalid
V8.0 Build 1041 - 25th/September/2014
- The video card / RAM / disk / CPU tested should now be displayed next to the "This computer" and local baseline names on the results tabs
- Fixed a bug where on some switchable graphics systems (eg Optimus) the video card used was not always displayed next to the baseline number when viewing the 2D and 3D results
- Changed behaviour when PerformanceTest is gathering video card information so it should now display some NVIDIA video cards that were previously hidden. This applies to SLI systems where only one monitor was connected and to Optimus systems.
V8.0 Build 1040 - 18th/September/2014
- Added a PNP Device ID display for graphics cards in the 3D information view
- Changed behaviour on systems with multiple video cards (switchable graphics/SLI/XFire), previously PT might not always display the video card in the system information if they did not have a monitor attached
- Fixed a printing issue caused by the previous high DPI changes
V8.0 Build 1039 - 10th/September/2014
- Some system information updates which enable better DDR4 and Haswell-E support
V8.0.Build 1038 - 29th/August/2014
- Updated system information collection to support Intel broadwell and next generation of Intel Xeon Processor Family based on Haswell
- Enabled "DPI aware" option for manifest file so PT will work correctly in windows 8 high DPI (QHD+) resolutions
- Updated the DX9 3D tests to correctly display information text on high DPI displays
- Replaced several instances of "Mhz" with "MHz" in baseline display text
- Fixed a rounding display error for RAM values in the baseline manager
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to start 2 advanced 3D test windows at the same time which caused PT to crash
- Fixed a bug where scaling of fonts was not happening correctly on QHD+ high DPI displays
- Fixed a bug where incorrect resolution could be displayed on QHD+ high DPI displays in system information
- Fixed a crash that could occur when collecting memory SPD information at startup
V8.0.Build 1037 - 25th/July/2014
- Added check for AMD powerxpress to try and correctly detect AMD graphics cards in dual card laptops
- Added support for AMD R5 M230, R5 M255, R7 M260, R7 M265, R9 M275X, R9 M265X, R9 M270X, R9 M290
- Added DDR4 SPD decoding
- Increased timeout when using the simple search option in baseline management to prevent an issue where no results were being returned
V8.0.Build 1036 - 20th/June/2014
- Fixed a library error that was preventing PerformanceTest from running in Windows XP
V8.0.Build 1035 - 17th/June/2014
- Added a warning on startup when using a "Power saver" power plan
- Added Atom NXXXX Temperature monitoring
- Added AMD R9 295X2 and R7 260 support
- Fixed an issue where in some cases systems were not displaying all their installed RAM modules correctly (more noticeable in systems with >16 RAM slots)
V8.0.Build 1034 - 7th/May/2014
- Added a missing localisation text file to the install package, this was causing some system information to be displayed without formatting
- Made a change to fix an issue on some systems where more RAM modules were displayed than was installed in the 3D main window graphic
- Made some changes to how the DX10 test starts to try and avoid some situations where the test will display a blank window and not start the fullscreen test (in multiple monitor situations mainly) until there was some user input (eg a moving the mouse)
- Made some changes to detect and fix invalid baselines when downloading them
- Fixed a bug with baseline date filtering where the "To" date was not being set properly and was using the current date
- Fixed a bug with baseline date filtering where the "To" date was being set to the "From" date when re-opening the "Date & sorting" dialog
V8.0.Build 1033 - 24th/April/2014
- Fixed a crash (bluescreen) that could occur in the 32bit version when reading system information
- Partitions on hard disks with 4KB sectors can now be tested in the advanced disk test, previously only the raw device was displayed.
V8.0.Build 1032 - 3rd/April/2014
- Changed behaviour of the DX10 test so it should pick the primary adapter and monitor when mutiple monitors are connected to multiple video cards
- Fixed a crash that could occcur on startup when running in a virtual machine.
V8.0.Build 1031 - 11th/March/2014
- Added 4MB and 8MB block sizes to the advanced disk test
- Added SETMEMTIMEOUT script command to allow the threaded memory test timeout length to be changed
- Fixed a bug that could occur when reading memory information which could cause a crash
- Fixed a bug where if an invalid motherboard serial number was written to the baseline file the saved file could not be re-opened
V8.0.Build 1030 - 18th/February/2014
- PerformanceTest should now distinguish between Windows 8 and 8.1 in the system information
- Baseline manager will now display baseline scores with a decimal point. As this value is also used for sorting the displayed list it also fixes a bug where baselines separated by a decimal value (eg 100.0 and 100.1) were being displayed in the wrong order.
- Baseline manager will now check baseline creation time with the time stored in the baseline cache file (baseline.cfg). If the file in disk is more than 30 mins newer than the cache entry the cache is updated. Previously overwriting a file in "My Baselines" would not update the score listed in the baseline manager.
- Fixed an error that would be displayed if a baseline had an invalid temperature value stored in it.
V8.0.Build 1029 - 14th/January/2014
- Disabled baseline uploading when Samsung RAPID service is detected and the disk test has been run on a Samsung hard drive (the tests can still be run but the results cannot be uploaded)
- Disabled mouse and keyboard input for the duration of the 2D tests to precent windows being minimised
- Fixed some rounding errors to could cause frame rates when PerformanceTest was first starting to be displayed incorrectly
- Added support for some AMD 8700M/8800M video cards and updated System information library
V8.0.Build 1028 - 8th/January/2014
- Fixed a bug where in some cases the calculated overall 3D graphics mark was lower than it should have been, this mainly affected Intel integrated video cards.
This would only happen if the DX10 test failed to start but would start on a second instance, in these cases a penalty was applied as if it had no DX10 compatible video card, despite running the test (related to the changes made in v8.0
- Updated system information library: Added support for RAM modules on Supermicro server boards, SMBus support for Intel X79 Express Chipset, Fixed incorrect memory size reported for RAM modules > 32GB, AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 6xx socket type corrected.
V8.0.Build 1027 - 9th/December/2013
- Added support for AMD R9 290, 270 and R7 250 video cards
- Fixed a possible crash when retrieving hard disk information
V8.0.Build 1026 - 28th/October/2013
- Added support for AMD R9/R7 series video cards
- Added some extra detail to error messages when trying to run the 3D tests and monitor is in portrait mode
V8.0.Build 1025 - 10th/October/2013
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to start the advanced disk test when PerformanceTest had not finished collecting system information
- Updated system information library with numerous CPU updates: Ivy Bridge-E, Silvermont, Bay Trail, Cloverview, Richland, Kabini, Temash, Delhi, Seoul, Abu Dhabi, Kyoto, AMD Family 16h (Kabini).
- Added icon to desktop when installing
V8.0.Build 1024 - 27th/August/2013
- Fixed a bug where on systems with Intel HD4600 graphics the DX10 test might not start first time and skip without an error message displayed, though
a second attempt would start correctly.
V8.0.Build 1023 - 20th/August/2013
- CPU information and temperature updates: Added support for Cloverview, Richland, Kabini, Temash, Delhi, Seoul, Abu Dhabi, Kyoto.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to launch the DirectCompute test from the advanced menu when no compatible video card was available
- If the number of processes is changed in the preferences to be more than the default amount for the system then the test duration can now only be set to "very long" so score accuracy is increased
- Increased "very long" test time in preferences from 15 seconds to 20 seconds
V8.0.Build 1022 - 20th/June/2013
- Fixed a number of bugs in the system information gathering introduced in the previous release.
V8.0.Build 1021 - 14th/June/2013
- Added support for Haswell CPUs.
- Improved support for Atom CPUs.
- Added CPU turbo speed filter to advanced search.
- Fixed a bug causing the text export to print gibberish when the system information exceeded 512 characters.
V8.0.Build 1020 - 23rd/April/2013
- Fixed bug with Intel 18.104.22.16871 drivers (and possibly others) preventing loading of DirectX 9 DLLs causing PerformanceTest to incorrectly report that it has a corrupt install.
- Fixed bug where the CD test did not update the status window.
- Display details about total results found in basic search window.
- Disable wait icon after search in baseline search windows without user having to move mouse.
- Added baseline ID search to advanced search options.
- Fixed bug on some systems where extra RAM modules would be displayed.
V8.0.Build 1019 - 9th/April/2013
- Fixed crash when running the CPU tests on some systems.
- Fixed crash attempting to use /a automation command line parameters in trial version.
- Rotated video card model on main screen to point outwards from motherboard.
- Possbile bug fix for DirectX10 test on some Windows 8 systems.
V8.0.Build 1018 - 14th/March/2013
- Fixed crash bug introduced in build 1017 that affected 32-bit systems with Windows 7 or later.
V8.0.Build 1017 - 12th/March/2013
- Fixed bug preventing correct testing of more than 64 logical processors. In previous releases we relied on the O/S
to distribute processes evenly between processor groups. It turns out this doesn't always work & we had to write
code to explicitly assign processes to groups of CPUs to get a better load distrubution.
- Bug fixes for DirectX 10 test relating to failure to enter full screen mode. This warning message has been removed (after beening added in build 1016).
But in it's place is a better (automatic) method of selecting the best monitor in a multi-GPU multi-monitor setup.
We hope this will prevent some problems getting into full screen mode.
- Fixed flashing splash screen at startup.
V8.0.Build 1016 - 18th/February/2013
- Fixed crash when trying to save baseline.
- Stopped DirectX 11 test falling back to software rendering mode.
- Changed DirectX 10 test to abort if it failed to initialize fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a bug preventing the advanced disk test from doing raw access.
V8.0.Build 1015 - 8th/February/2013
- Fixed a bug incorrectly identifying bad system clock measurements.
- Fixed a bug causing a failure to save which drive was tested for later viewing in the graphs.
V8.0.Build 1014 - 6th/February/2013
- Fixed a bug causing the DirectX 10 test to crash when the primary desktop monitor was not monitor 1.
V8.0.Build 1013 - 25th/January/2013
- Memory latency test now also updated to run more reliably on system with limited memory.
- Added error case to DirectX 11 test to detect and warn user about erroneous results.
V8.0.Build 1012 - 18th/January/2013
- Fixed crash bug introduced with previous memory changes for systems with limited memory.
V8.0.Build 1011 - 17th/January/2013
- Fixed bug causing a crash when running a script using the /s command and the system did not support 3D, or the 3D was turned off using the /NO3D option.
- Made change to make memory tests more likely to succeed on systems with limited memory.
- Made change to threaded memory test to allow give it a greater chance to complete on very slow systems.
- Added warning at start up if system is running on battery power.
V8.0.Build 1010 - 27th/December/2012
- Fixed problem with rendering water in DirectX9 - Complex test on Intel cards.
- Added frame jitter measurement in advanced 3D test.
- Updated identification for some newer Radeon cards.
V8.0.Build 1009 - 11th/December/2012
- Changed DirectX9 tests to allow them to run on systems that don't support any anti-aliasing.
Previously anti-aliasing was required to launch the test. Now the test will launch but a 25% penalty
will be applied to the benchmark result to make up for the poor quality 3D rendering.
This means the older Intel HD graphics CPU/GPUs can now run the DX9 test (e.g. the i3-530 CPU).
- Now show number of logical processors for all CPUs, rather than just Hyperthreading status for Intel CPUs.
This will also mean that some AMD CPUs like the AMD FX-8120, 8350, 8150 will display 4 cores (and 2 logicals per core), rather than 8 cores.
V8.0.Build 1008 - 30th/November/2012
- Fixed bug introduced in build 1007 preventing information about the motherboard being correctly gathered.
- Improved detection of some AMD video cards.
- Fixed display bug in advanced search when 0 baselines were found.
V8.0.Build 1007 - 23rd/November/2012
- Fixed bug causing splash screen to remain open on some Windows 8 systems.
- Fixed bug misidentifying the hard drive tested on some systems preventing baseline from being uploaded.
- Removed temperature detection of AMD video cards on 32-bit systems as this was causing a crash.
- Fixed bug trying to load baseline files from previous versions using the 'File->Load Baseline' menu option.
- Reduced start-up time on some older CPU models.
V8.0.Build 1006 - 7th/November/2012
- Fixed DirectX9 tests to work with some older video cards (GeForce FX 5000 series and similar)
- Fixed bug causing current, min & max transfer rates in the advanced network test incorrectly showing average rather than instantaneous speeds.
- Advanced network test now shows the average speed at the end of the test, where the current speed was while the test was running.
- Fixed a crash when viewing disk results and certain disk related system information had failed to be gathered correctly.
V8.0.Build 1005 - 2nd/November/2012
- Added some extra command line parameters to selectively disable certain parts of the system information gathering.
- Fixed crash that occurred when trying to use the /s flag in shareware mode.
- Fixed a crash on some systems that occurred after running any of the tests.
- Improved startup performance slightly on some systems.
- Changed installer so that PerformanceTest doesn't automatically launch when installing in silent mode.
- Added server 2012 to list of OS options in advanced baseline search.
V8.0.Build 1004 - 22nd/October/2012
- Fixed expiry of certain features after 30 days even when using a licensed version of the software.
- Fixed bug with the USB install that prevented the DirectX 11 test from being run.
V8.0.Build 1003 - 18th/October/2012
- Added minimum and maximum speed display for Advanced Network Test.
- Fixed bug with the USB install that prevented the 3D tests from running from a USB drive.
- Fixed resource leak.
- Fixed crash in the Advanced Disk Test when using RAM drives.
- Added ability to disable temperature gathering from command line using SAFETEMP flag. (Can help if a crash is seen on start-up)
V8.0.Build 1002 - 12th/October/2012
- Fixed resource leak introduced with last release that caused instability after prolonged usage.
V8.0.Build 1001 - 12th/October/2012
- Fixed bug causing results to not display with certain Windows settings.
- Fixed crash at startup when a SoftPerfect RAM disk is active on the system.
- Fixed a bug that application instability after having opened the advanced CD/DVD window.
- Re-implemented SAFEMODE flag for V8, significantly reduces the amount of tasks performed at application startup.
- Fixed a caching issue with the new version check.
- Fixed a bug that caused scripting to freeze when reaching the DirectCompte tests.
V8.0.Build 1000 - 9th/October/2012
- New Single threaded CPU test and corresponding chart.
- New Direct 2D graphic test. Direct 2D is the relatively new hardware accelerated, immediate-mode, 2D graphics API from Microsoft. It requires Vista SP2 or above to work.
- New DirectX 11 3D test. To run this test a video card with DirectX 11.0 support is required, along with Vista SP2 or above as the O/S. This test exercises new video card features like Vertex and Pixel Shader 5.0 effects, Unordered transparency techniques (in the Jellyfish) and Tessellation technique to produce the detail in the terrain
- New DirectCompute benchmark test as part of standard GPU/3D tests. DirectX 11.0 video card support is required for some of the DirectCompute tests. Thanks to Jan Vlietinck & Keenan Crane who wrote some of the code we used in this test.
- New DirectCompute advanced test suite.
- New memory latency test, both as a standard test and advanced test.
- Re-written standard RAM tests in assembler to be less CPU dependent and more RAM dependent. We are also going to be making available some RAM performance charts
- Advanced tests for Blu-ray & DVD burning on Windows 7 and later.
- Ability to automatically run tests multiple times and take the max result.
- Improved advanced disk test. It is now possible to specify the level of randomness in the data, which can be useful for testing drives that compress the data.
- Scripting of the advanced disk test is now possible.
- Ability to run network test for a much longer period of time.
- IPv6 support in network test.
- Improved system information. Include RAM stick model and timing info, CPU temp & more.
- Re-balancing of instruction mix in the Integer maths, floating point maths and prime number tests.
- Encryption test now makes use of AES-NI CPU instructions where available.
- Faster start-up on launch despite additional system information collection.
- Better looking graphs / new charting engine in advanced tests. Can now graph multiple data series and customize the look of the graphs
- Support for testing more than 64 CPUs / cores.
- Better baseline search, both for basic and advanced search.
- Combining of baseline management windows, adding bookmarks, etc..
- User interface updates with 3D models.
- New baseline file format. We are now using the ".ptx" file name extension for PT8 baseline files. New format is effectively compressed YAML. It should be much more extensible than the older binary file format.
- New backend database structure for storing results. This was required as we expecting to get to around a million baseline results next year.
- Each uploaded result now gets a web page that displays the summary of the submitted results.
- Better video card model number detection, especially dual cards and Intel HD GPU.
- Removed the old bouncing balls 3D test as it was looking a bit lame.
- Modified the existing DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 3D tests to have better textures, use better models and improved shaders.
- Improved SLI & Crossfire support. SLI & Crossfire should now produce some performance improvements. We would have liked to do more here but nVidia and AMD were not able to provide any assistance.
- Official Windows 8 support.
- Official Windows Server 2012 beta support, with full support upon the Server 2012 release.
- Combining 32bit and 64bit releases into a single install package. The correct executable is autoselected at install time.
- Faster install after download by removal of some install dependences.
- More options for exporting, and copy / pasting the benchmark data into other applications, like Excel.
- As an experiment we are relaxing 30 day trial period, so that the core function can continue to be evaluated beyond 30 days. So rather than it just stop working after 30 days, the software will continue to run, with cut down functionality
- Bug fixes, of course.