V3.2 (Build 1006)
Latest release date:
1st March 2018
Free 30 day evaluation, then US$27.00 to purchase.
(See sales page for more pricing details)
Windows XP, 2003, 2008 Server, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
128 MB RAM, 4 MB of disk space
PassMark MonitorTest™ is a tool that allows users to investigate the quality and performance of their computer monitor or LCD flat panel screens. With more people spending more time in front of computer monitors it is important to purchase a quality monitor that will provide crisp, bright images, while reducing the strain on your eyes. The MonitorTest software generates test patterns on the screen at a variety of different resolutions and color depths to test for optimum visual performance. Each of 35 different test screens have been created to test a particular aspect of the monitors performance.
As a monitor is often the most expensive part of a computer system, this type of testing is essential for the adjustment & selection of a quality monitor. Users would include computer repair centers, system integrators, quality assurance personnel, graphic designers and anyone that cares about the quality of their monitor. MonitorTest runs in Windows and will work at any resolution, aspect ratio and color depth supported by your monitor and graphics card.
- Comprehensive help file.
- 35 different test patterns including:
- Master screen
- Color scales
- Printer color calibration
- Gamma measurement
- Zooming to verify power supply stability
- Solid colors to test for missing or always on pixels
- Touch screen tests (Windows 7 & later only)
- Multitouch screen tests (Windows 7 & later only)
- Support for Multi-Monitor systems, including testing all monitors at the same time. (Registered Version Only)
- Display of monitor and video adapter system information
- Support for all available resolutions and color depths
- Support for all display types (CRT, LCD, Plasma, etc.)
- Supports video cards with up to 300 different video modes.
- Looped testing to continually test your monitor
- Scripted testing to use different test patterns with different resolutions, color depth and test length (Registered Version Only)
- Tiny download and small enough to fit on a USB stick
- Can replace expensive hardware based test pattern generators with your laptop PC.
- Can be setup to run from a USB drive
We are offering a free upgrade to MonitorTest 3.1 to our existing MonitorTest users. However, we have introduced new security measures and as a result the upgrade will require a new registration key. You will need a new key only if your received your key before Sept 2010, keys received after this date will still be valid. Please see the Free Upgrades Page for details.