PerformanceTest - Support
Last updated: November 2012
We've compiled answers to commonly asked questions in our PerformanceTest FAQ below. You can also discuss any questions or suggestions you may have at our PerformanceTest Discussion and Support forums, as well as read solutions for issues that have been previously answered.
License Key Questions
- Q. What features are unlocked when purchasing a license?
- Q. Why isn't my License Key working?
- Q. How many licenses will I need if I purchase PerformanceTest?
General Troubleshooting and Support
- Q. Are Windows 95, 98, ME, or 2000 supported?
- Q. Is Windows 8 Supported?
- Q. I don't understand the results. What do all these numbers mean?
- Q. PerformanceTest fails to start or crashes on start, what can I do to fix this?
- Q. The calculated CPU clock speed is not correct. Why?
Test Performance and Optimization
- Q. How can I make my PC run faster?
- Q. Why do my results from PerformanceTest V8 differ from my results from previous releases?
- Q. What kind of data does the disk test read/write.
- Q. The results for my hard disk aren't what I expected.
- Q. How can I setup PerformanceTest to run from a CD or USB memory stick under Windows?
2D Test Issues
- Q. 2D results in Windows 7 seem poor compared to previous versions of Windows, why is this?
- Q. 2D results are extremely high when running via remote desktop?
3D Test Issues
- Q. Does PerformanceTest support NVIDIA Optimus?
- Q. I receive this message when trying to run the 3D tests "Nothing will be rendered."
- Q. Why do my 3D graphics results vary greatly between runs?
- Q. Does the advanced network test support 10-gigabit network cards?
- Q. Why is the network test so slow on my laptop?
- Q. How can I get the network test to run through a firewall?
- Q. Why is the client machine is giving me the error message "Connect Failed"?
- Q. Why is the client machine not receiving data?
- Q. Why can't I select a network drive for disk testing?
These issues are no longer relevant to modern systems or up to date versions of PerformanceTest.
- Q. I get a crash with this message: Access violation at 0x7c91084b (tried to write to 0x00040FFC)
- Q. I have a ATI Radeon video card (with Catalyst video drivers). Why is PerformanceTest locking up during the 2D video tests?
- Q. I have dual monitors. Why are my 2D Performance Tests Results slower than expected?
- Q. Some 3D tests for PerformanceTest V7 use DirectX 9. So what happens in Windows Vista which is shipped with DirectX10?