PerformanceTest - Support
Last updated: Nov 2017
We've compiled answers to commonly asked questions in our PerformanceTest FAQ below. You can also discuss any questions or suggestions you may have at our PerformanceTest Discussion and Support forums, as well as read solutions for issues that have been previously answered.
License Key Questions
- Q. What features are unlocked when purchasing a license?
- Q. Why isn't my License Key working?
- Q. How many licenses will I need if I purchase PerformanceTest?
- Q. How can I make PerformanceTest portable on a USB drive?
- Q. During install I get the error, The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist?
General Troubleshooting and Support
- Q. PerformanceTest crashes when launched, possible causes and solutions.
- Q. How to collect a debug log to help us with debugging.
- Q. Are Windows 95, 98, ME, or 2000 supported?
- Q. Are Windows 8 & 10 supported?
- Q. I don't understand the results. What do all these numbers mean?
- Q. The calculated CPU clock speed is not correct. Why?
- Q. My video card name is not displayed correctly or appears strange.
- Q. How can I test mapped network drives in the advanced disk test?
- Q. Your benchmark vs model average score differences
Test Performance and Optimization
- Q. How can I make my PC run faster?
- Q. Why do my results from PerformanceTest V9 differ from my results from previous releases?
- Q. What kind of data does the disk test read/write.
- Q. The results for my hard disk aren't what I expected.
2D Test Issues
- Q. 2D results in Windows 7 seem poor compared to previous versions of Windows, why is this?
- Q. 2D results are extremely high when running via remote desktop?
3D Test Issues
- Q. Does PerformanceTest support NVIDIA Optimus?
- Q. I receive this message when trying to run the 3D tests "Nothing will be rendered."
- Q. Why do my 3D graphics results vary greatly between runs?
- Q. Unable to run the 3D test on an Nvidia Quadro.
- Q. Running the advanced DX11 test on an Intel graphics card and get "Test aborted due to attempted resolution switch" error.
- Q. Crash during 3D test on laptop when using docking station
- Q. I'm seeing white banding in 'DirectX 9 - Complex' test at very low resolutions
- Q. When running the DX11 test I get a "Test aborted due to attempted resolution switch" error message.
- Q. When running the DX11 test I get a "DirectX 11 measured result is too high to be possible and will be discarded." error message.
- Q. The Directx 12 test doesn't run & I get a white screen instead.
- Q. Does the advanced network test support 10-gigabit network cards?
- Q. What are expected network speeds and common bottlenecks.
- Q. Why is the network test so slow on my laptop?
- Q. How can I get the network test to run through a firewall?
- Q. Why is the client machine is giving me the error message "Connect Failed"?
- Q. Why is the client machine not receiving data?
- Q. Why can't I select a network drive for disk testing?
These issues are no longer relevant to modern systems or up to date versions of PerformanceTest.
- Q. I get a crash with this message: Access violation at 0x7c91084b (tried to write to 0x00040FFC)
- Q. I have a ATI Radeon video card (with Catalyst video drivers). Why is PerformanceTest locking up during the 2D video tests?
- Q. I have dual monitors. Why are my 2D Performance Tests Results slower than expected?
- Q. Some 3D tests for PerformanceTest V7 use DirectX 9. So what happens in Windows Vista which is shipped with DirectX10?