PassMark PerformanceTest - What's New?
V2.0.Build 1002 - 29/Sep/2017
- Fixed Benchmark submission and search error.
V2.0.Build 1001 - 3/May/2017
- Fixed bug with some devices failing to create test file with the Read Disk Tests.
- Fixed a bug when querying the available free space for external storage.
- Added more checks for couple of ANR/Crashes when returning to resuming from Graphics 2D/3D Test.
- Scaled the composite Mark scores to be closer to V1.
V2.0.Build 1000 - 10/Apr/2017
- CPU, Disk and Memory tests are now using native code. Individual test results (not the calculated Marks) should now be more comparable to their PerformanceTest desktop counterpart. See known issues section below.
- New Single threaded CPU test.
- Completely new Memory Tests. Now including: Database Operations, Memory Read Cached, Memory Read Un-cached, Memory Write, Memory Latency, and Memory Threaded Test.
- Re-written disk tests. Tests will be performed without cache where available.
- New 3D OpenGL ES test created using Unity.
- Improved system information. Including Battery information and Screen dimensions.
- CPU Encryption tests now uses cryptopp library.
- Updated bouncing balls 3D test.
- New baseline management feature, including ability to save to device, search our database, and compare results within the application itself.
- With new tests being added and old test updated. The results from V1 may not be comparable with V2.
- To keep the size of the application reasonable, we no longer support MIPS architecture.
- Some lower memory devices may not be able to run or run but return no results on the OpenGL ES Test using Unity. Android will start closing programs that use too much memory which might cause the program to crash/restart without notice.
- Disk Internal/External Read tests may fail when running the complete benchmark suite with the error "Failed to Create Test File". However, the test might actually be okay when run manually.
- The Disk test will now commence without using cache (if possible), as such, the disk tests read and write speeds will be lower than V1. If cache is in use, PerformanceTest will note it and you may see similar results as in V1.
V1.0.Build 4000 - 28/Jan/2013
- Bug Fix (Resume crash when coming back from Graphics Test)
V1.0.Build 3000 - 3/May/2012
- Updated 3D Graphics Test Suite.
- Bug Fixes and New About Page.
V1.0.Build 2000 - 28/March/2012
- Adjusted the scaling of CPUMark for the skewing in CPUMark increase by the encryption test with AES implementation. Past submitted baselines will also be recalculated to conform with the CPUMark change. New charts on androidbenchmark.net should also reflect the change.
- Implemented single test running by clicking on test name. Only full testing will allow baseline to be submitted at this time.
V1.0.Build 1000 - 12/March/2012
- Fixed bug when submitting results on devices where there are no external storage.
- Addressed bug that caused app to crash on App resume.
- Changed Encryption test to use javax.crypto.Cipher AES implementation.
V1.0.Build 0000 - 17/February/2012
- Major code rewrite, cleaned up source code that should improve App responsiveness.
- Memory Test now will only test 25% of available ram. Reduced to fix some reports of crashing during Memory Test.
- App will now allow Android/JIT to optimize source code, but code was changed to reduce effects of optimizing. Some Integer and Floating Point results will be lower than pre V1.0 releases.
- External storage drive test should test the "last" external storage listed.
- Fixed various bugs and crashes.
V0.3.Build 5500 - 9/September/2011
- Tweaked 3D Graphics Test Suite
- G3DMark score now takes into account screen resolution. Marks overall will be lower the previously.
- Comparison tab improved. Requires internet connection.
- External storage drive test should now test /sdcard/external_sd for some Samsung devices.
V0.3.Build 5000 - 18/August/2011
- 3D Graphics Test Suite added.
V0.3.Build 4000 - 19/July/2011
- 2D Graphics Test Suite added.
V0.3.Build 3000 - 24/June/2011
- All CPU Tests are Multithreaded depending on the number of cores detected. If unable to determine the correct number of cores, CPU Tests will default to a single thread.
V0.3.Build 2001 - 21/June/2011
- Added EULA
- Will now send 'Manufacturer' information when baseline is submitted.
- Updated baseline submission code that was causing some baselines to be rejected.
V0.3.Build 2000 - 18/June/2011
- Fixed a startup crash bug for some devices.
- Garbage collection is called for after each test
V0.3.Build 1001 - 16/June/2011
- Updated the weightings and mark calculations.
- Optimized Floating Point and Integer Math tests for slower devices.
- Changed space requirements needed for Disk Test. Now only 90 MB free will be required.
V0.3.Build 1000 - 15/June/2011
- Initial Beta Release.
V1.1.0 - 31/May/2012
- Updated 2D Graphics Tests.
V1.0.0 - 3/May/2012
- Single test can be run by selecting individual tests. Benchmark submissions only allowed on full benchmark runs.
- 3D Graphic Test Suite Updated.
- 2D Graphic's Complex Test should now perform better.
- About Tab Rehashed.
- Bug fixes.
V0.4.4 - 28/March/2012
- Bug Fixes.
- Better support for iPads. 2D & 3D tests should run in full screen.
- Adjusted scaling and scoring for CPU calculations.
- Fixed crash error on some iPod Touch G2 Devices when reading from disk.
- Optimize some of the 2D Graphics code.
- 2D filters test will now use CIFilters for Greyscale and Brightness adjustments if supported.
- 3D Test will take into account resolution of device.
V0.4.3 - 16/March/2012
- Bug Fixes.
- Changed Encryption test to use built in iOS AES implemenation.
V0.4.2 - 3/March/2012
- Initial Beta Release.