PC Reliability and Load Testing for Windows
V9.0 Professional Edition
V9.0 Standard Edition
Latest release date:
20 March 2019:
V9.0 build 1014 - Std & Pro Editions
What's new for this release.
Free 30 day evaluation, then:
(20% off) $95.00
Standard Edition: US$59.00
Both editions includes 12 months of support and updates.
(See sales page for more pricing details)
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, 2003 Server, 2008 Server, 2008 R2 Server, 2012 Server, 2012 R2 Server. Available for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
(Also available for Linux)
256 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c, DirectX 11 for GPGPU tests, 225MB disk space (more required to run the disk test).
Hardware loopback plugs for port testing (Professional Edition only).
PassMark BurnInTest™ is a software tool that allows all the major sub-systems of a computer to be simultaneously stress tested for endurance, reliability and stability.
- Assists in PC Troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Avoid delivering dead on arrival and faulty hardware to your customers.
- Dramatically reduce your test times with simultaneous testing.
- Build your image as a supplier of quality systems.
- Avoid costly downtime, system rebuilds and lost data.
- Test the stability of a system after configuration changes or hardware upgrades (critical for overclocking and system upgrades).
- The hottest, fastest CPU Burn In tool around! (Heat testing)
- Integrates with the PassMark Management Console Web server application for centralized storage of test results.
The best value professional Windows hardware test tool on the market!
Anyone who has used computers for any period of time will understand the importance of having a stable system. The cost of a hardware failure can be enormous. If you are lucky your data will only become inaccessible while faulty components are replaced. If you're unlucky you can lose your files completely or have them permanently corrupted. Even if you have good backups, you can still lose days of work returning the PC to its pre-failure state. In many cases the lost data can never be replaced and businesses can be brought to their knees, with the loss of documentation, customer details and financial records.
BurnInTest will bring intermittent or hidden problems to the surface so that after a successfully run the computer can be used with a much higher level of confidence. BurnInTest can also be used by overclockers to verify system stability at high clock speeds.
Testing for hardware problems
Just press the start button and have BurnInTest test your system hardware.
BurnInTest thoroughly exercises the hardware in Windows based servers, desktops, laptops and tablets* in a short period of time, in the same way as normal applications use a PC over a long period of time. This takes advantage of the fact that computer hardware tends to fail either very early in its life or after many thousands of hours of use. Typically BurnInTest should be used before a system is put into service or after a system upgrade.
Click the image above to view screenshots.
BurnInTest tests the CPU, hard drives, SSDs, RAM, optical drives (CD, DVD and Blu-ray), sound cards, graphics cards (GPGPU, Video RAM, 2D graphics, 3D graphics and video playback), network ports and printers.
The Professional version also has a number of additional tests including microphones, webcams, battery's, tape drives, USB ports (USB 3.0 and 2.0), Serial ports and Parallel ports (with the use of loop back plugs).
If you have specialized hardware that BurnInTest does not test out of the box, you can write your own test and integrate it with BurnInTest. For example, PassMark has produced plugin tests for Touchscreens and Keyboards*.
This can all be done simultaneously as the application is multithreaded, making BurnInTest the fastest test around.
BurnInTest detects and collects system information and this is displayed in BurnInTest and the test reports. A goal of BurnInTest, unlike some other tools, is to include as much useful detailed information as possible, rather than mountains of information that is easy to collect.
BurnInTest includes a System Summary, for example:
|Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 build 7601 (64-bit),|
|1 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz [2006.9 MHz],|
|Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, AMD Radeon HD 6790,|
|932GB HDD, 112GB SSD,|
This is followed by more detailed information about the System Motherboard, BIOS, CPU, memory, graphics, disk drives, optical drives, network ports and USB ports.
Test results and reporting
During testing BurnInTest will display and log the number of test cycles, operations and errors for each test; as well as test events, such as critical errors, serious errors, warnings and information. On completion of testing, BurnInTest will display a simple PASS or FAIL.
BurnInTest can produce a number of reports for a test run, including a text report, HTML report, a customer focused test certificate and a statistics report. These tests may include summarized information. Very detailed debug logging is also possible. These reports are saved to disk and can be printed after testing. Test results can also be stored in a centralized database*.
Information about your current testing can also be included in these reports, such as your Customer's name, the testers name, machine type and serial number.
Support is provided for copying the system information and results to other applications (e.g. email or MS-Word) via a variety of formats (text, HTML and a number of image formats).
A customer results certificate is customizable for your companies design style. An example is shown below:
Temperature monitoring during testing can be useful in uncovering temperature related hardware failures. BurnInTest provides monitoring, graphical display and reporting of CPU, GPU and disk drive temperatures*. Additionally, BurnInTest can raise errors on high temperature thresholds, and even stop testing if temperatures are too high to protect your hardware.
BurnInTest can also be used with additional 3rd party temperature monitoring tools: Intel Active Monitor, HMonitor, MotherBoardMonitor and SpeedFan software.
- An easy to use interface. Configure, Run, Pass or Fail, Results report;
- The ability to select the level of load placed on each component;
- The ability to set detailed test parameters if and when required;
- Timed test runs that will stop automatically at the expiry of the selected time or after a number of test cycles;
- Support for production line automation;
- Can be run from a disk drive, USB drive or optical disk (under Windows);
- Can be made into a bootable solution from a USB drive, optical disk or PXE boot (with PassMark WinPE Builder);
- Testing of up to 256 CPUs simultaneously;
- Testing of up to 32 memory modules simultaneously;
- Testing of up to 50 disk drives simultaneously;
- Support for SMART hard disk parameter checking;
- Testing of up to 20 optical drives simultaneously;
- CD / DVD / Blu-Ray read testing using specialized optical test media, plus CD/DVD burner testing;
- Testing of up to 8 graphics cards (GPGPU test) simultaneously;
- Testing of up to 20 network ports simultaneously;
- Testing of up to 25 USB ports simultaneously;
- Windows shutdown and cyclic reboot testing (with complementary Rebooter software);
- Scrolling 'H's for Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC) testing to ANSI standard C63.4-1992;
- Native 32-bit and 64bit hardware and O/S support;
- Online help & PDF manual.
Standard or Professional Edition?
Management Console (optional)
The PassMark Management Console Web server application allows test system information, test status and test result information to be managed centrally for BurnInTest tests.
To upgrade any version of BurnInTest to BurnInTest V8 please visit our Upgrade order
page for details.
Free upgrades are available for existing users who purchased and received their keys after 8 September 2017.
No Nonsense Licensing
Flexible no nonsense licensing. Once purchased you can move the software between machines as required. There is no hardware locking, no online activation process, no time based expiry & no annual fees. The software can be run direct from a USB drive or CD drive, and a network connection is not required to use the software. Multi user and site licenses are also available. See the FAQ to work out how many licenses are required in various scenarios.