directx 12 error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• directx 12 error

When i try to run 3d graphics mark for directx 12 i get a error saying test aborted due to windows resize caused by an external application to (1920x1080).

The error meants something about google hangouts and device driver notification.

This error is often caused by another application or warning message being displayed on top of the test window which then forces it to be resized, as described in the FAQ here.
    If you have any programs running that draw overlays on top of 3D applications (a lot of the new graphics drivers have some form of overlay display now too) it might help to disable them when trying to run the test.

Comment

This one is driving me batty. Has worked some of the time, and now not. HP Laptop, HDMI out optional, Windows 10 1803, Radeon R7 (A12-.9720P), 1366x768 native resolution on laptop. Tried going back to 1008, was using 1025 and now 1026. No idea what could be causing a system tray popup, if that is what it is. Worked better if I have program running on secondary (smaller) monitor, but I lost that too somehow. What the ????

EDIT:

Judging by the number of missing DirectX 12 scores in the benchmarks, I'm thinking this is more common issue than it is given credit for. FWIW, that this is a laptop is contributing to the problem, I think the dual screen helps exacerbate the sensitivity issue. Shutting down Task Manager (don't need to on any other regular PC...) helps me a lot. Able to consistently get a score now. Not a great one, mind you, but it runs, more often than not. Maybe that will contribute to the conversation...
      Last edited by Luger; 08-15-2018, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X