PassMark Software

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiskCheckup latest build problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DiskCheckup latest build problem

    DiskCheckup V3.4 (Build 1002) no longer starts when using task scheduler to start DiskCheckup on logon. I just get a cryptic error message. I confirmed this on a second PC. This happens on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and Windows 8 64 bit. Reverting to DiskCheckup V3.3 build 1000 fixes the problem.

    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Bill
    Last edited by wonderwrench; 10-05-2016, 02:52 AM.
    Main Box*i7 4790K*Z97 Extreme 6*2x8 gigs Crucial BS DDR3-1600*Samsung 850 Pro 128 gig*WD Black WD2002FAEX 2 TB*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE*Corsair AX750 PSU*Fractal Design Define R4 case*Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1

  • #2
    If the error was "Failed to load/parse program string file on line 0" this is a failure to load the localization strings text file at startup. This is likely happening as the working directory for DiskCheckup is being set to something other than the location of the executable.

    If you edit the action in the task scheduler and change the "Start in" field to match the install directory of DiskCheckup then you should no longer see this error.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes that was the error message. Adding the "start in" field also fixes the problem. Can I ask what changed with version 3.4? No previous version needed "start in" set.

      Thanks Tim
      Bill

      Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
      If the error was "Failed to load/parse program string file on line 0" this is a failure to load the localization strings text file at startup. This is likely happening as the working directory for DiskCheckup is being set to something other than the location of the executable.

      If you edit the action in the task scheduler and change the "Start in" field to match the install directory of DiskCheckup then you should no longer see this error.
      Main Box*i7 4790K*Z97 Extreme 6*2x8 gigs Crucial BS DDR3-1600*Samsung 850 Pro 128 gig*WD Black WD2002FAEX 2 TB*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE*Corsair AX750 PSU*Fractal Design Define R4 case*Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1

      Comment


      • #4
        Changes are,

        Revision Author Date
        v3.4 (1002) KM 15 Jun 2016
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        1. Added SATA signaling speed support to the device info. Fixed ambiguity between SATA signalling speed support and SATA transport compliance.
        2. Fixed bug with exported report showing strange characters in the 'Interface' field
        3. Fixed exported report not showing correct SMART attributes info for NVMe disks
        4. Fixed attribute ID not being stored for NVMe SMART TEC data

        Revision Author Date
        v3.4 (1001) KM 10 Mar 2016
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        1. Fixed bug with strange characters appearing on the TEC notification message box
        2. Fixed bug with TEC notification incorrectly being triggered when temperature attribute is below the threshold


        Revision Author Date
        v3.4 (1000) KM 8 Mar 2016
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        1. Added device info + SMART support for PCIe M.2 NVMe Samsung and Intel drives


        But really none of those changes should have changed the command line behaviour.
        v3.2 (1000) had some big localisation changes in it for Chinese, German & Spanish. So that would have been the version I would have expected to break things.

        Comment

        Working...
        X