PassMark Software

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BurnIn Test Linux symbol lookup error:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BurnIn Test Linux symbol lookup error:

    Hi
    After I install burintest v3.0
    When I try to run it, it dectect I'm using 64bit then I got the following error.
    /root/Desktop/burnintest/64bit/bit_gui_x64: symbol lookup error: /root/Desktop/burnintest/64bit/bit_gui_x64: undefined symbol: _ZN8QWebView6setUrlERK4QUrl
    the command line version is running okay. Can anyone to help?

    i. Which Linux distribution you are using?
    CentOS 6.3

    ii. Which kernel version?
    2.6.32

    iii. What CPU are you using?
    Intel Sandy Bridge-EP

    iv. Is it 32-bit or 64-bit OS?
    64 bit OS

    v. Is it 32-bit or 64-bit CPU?
    64 bit CPU

  • #2
    This undefined symbol appears to be part of the Qt libraries, so it may be that the QT version might be older than BurnInTest required (4.6.2). Could you please check what version of Qt is installed, you should be able to check this by using "rpm -qi qt"

    Could you also check if you can run the "ldd" command on the the 64 bit gui version of BurnInTest (eg "ldd bit_gui_x64 > ldd.txt") and if so please send us the output, our email address is available at http://www.passmark.com/about/contact_us.htm.

    Comment


    • #3
      It seems by default Centos have removed the qtwebkit library from their distributions. Normally this should result in a missing library warning, not the symbol lookup error you're getting, so it may be another package installed on your system required it but has installed an older/incompatible version.

      I was able to get BurnInTest working in Centos 6.3 by following similar steps to the ones mentioned in these two forum threads;
      http://centos.org/modules/newbb/view...orumpost174110
      http://community.skype.com/t5/Linux/...6/td-p/1210686

      • I downloaded the qtwebkit package for Ubuntu from http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/amd...ebkit/download.
      • Extracted the files from the .deb package by using "ar vx libqt4-webkit_4.6.2-0ubuntu5.5_amd64.deb"
      • Extracted the library files using "tar --lzma -xvpf data.tar.lzma".
      • Copied the libQtWebKit files (from the newly created ./usr/lib) to /lib64 using "cp ./usr/lib/libQtWebKit .so.* /lib64".

      Comment


      • #4
        I also having error complaint about ./bit_cmd_line_x64: symbol lookup error: ./bit_cmd_line_x64: undefined symbol: libusb_get_version
        [root@localhost 64bit]#



        but when i run command below all fine not missing any library.......

        [root@localhost 64bit]# ldd bit_cmd_line_x64
        linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007ffe9ddd3000)
        libusb-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libusb-1.0.so.0 (0x00007f8e6c08e000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f8e6be71000)
        libncurses.so.5 => /lib64/libncurses.so.5 (0x00007f8e6bc4f000)
        libtinfo.so.5 => /lib64/libtinfo.so.5 (0x00007f8e6ba2e000)
        libasound.so.2 => /lib64/libasound.so.2 (0x00007f8e6b73d000)
        libcurl.so.4 => /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4 (0x00007f8e6b4e8000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f8e6b1e2000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f8e6aedf000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f8e6acc9000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f8e6a908000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007f8e6a6ff000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f8e6c2b8000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f8e6a4fb000)
        libidn.so.11 => /lib64/libidn.so.11 (0x00007f8e6a2c9000)
        libldap-2.4.so.2 => /lib64/libldap-2.4.so.2 (0x00007f8e6a077000)
        libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0x00007f8e69e33000)
        libkrb5.so.3 => /lib64/libkrb5.so.3 (0x00007f8e69b4c000)
        libk5crypto.so.3 => /lib64/libk5crypto.so.3 (0x00007f8e6991f000)
        libcom_err.so.2 => /lib64/libcom_err.so.2 (0x00007f8e6971b000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib64/libz.so.1 (0x00007f8e69505000)
        libssl3.so => /usr/lib64/libssl3.so (0x00007f8e692b7000)
        libsmime3.so => /usr/lib64/libsmime3.so (0x00007f8e6908b000)
        libnss3.so => /usr/lib64/libnss3.so (0x00007f8e68d48000)
        libnssutil3.so => /usr/lib64/libnssutil3.so (0x00007f8e68b1a000)
        libplds4.so => /lib64/libplds4.so (0x00007f8e68916000)
        libplc4.so => /lib64/libplc4.so (0x00007f8e68711000)
        libnspr4.so => /lib64/libnspr4.so (0x00007f8e684d2000)
        libssh2.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libssh2.so.1 (0x00007f8e682aa000)
        liblber-2.4.so.2 => /lib64/liblber-2.4.so.2 (0x00007f8e6809a000)
        libresolv.so.2 => /lib64/libresolv.so.2 (0x00007f8e67e80000)
        libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libsasl2.so.2 (0x00007f8e67c66000)
        libkrb5support.so.0 => /lib64/libkrb5support.so.0 (0x00007f8e67a5a000)
        libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib64/libkeyutils.so.1 (0x00007f8e67857000)
        libssl.so.10 => /usr/lib64/libssl.so.10 (0x00007f8e675ea000)
        libcrypto.so.10 => /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10 (0x00007f8e67205000)
        libcrypt.so.1 => /lib64/libcrypt.so.1 (0x00007f8e66fce000)
        libselinux.so.1 => /lib64/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f8e66dae000)
        libfreebl3.so => /lib64/libfreebl3.so (0x00007f8e66bab000)

        Comment


        • #5
          undefined symbol: libusb_get_version
          Likely the version of LibUSB you are using is pretty old and is missing the libusb_get_version() function. Maybe you are using 1.0.0 instead of something more current, like release 1.0.21.

          Comment

          Working...
          X