Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Test Time when Auto Running Tests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problem with Test Time when Auto Running Tests

    I'm still working on updating our BurnInTest Pro testing environment from v5.3 to v6.0 (b1007) and I'm now seeing a problem when the running tests automatically via the /r switch.

    In my default BurnInTest configuration, I have a test time of 240 minutes, but for some reason with that /r switch in place, it instead defaults to 21 minutes. Without that switch, I get the expected test time of 240 minutes.

    At first, I thought there might be some new configuration field for storing this information under the auto run scenario, but even if I override the value, save the configuration, and re-apply it, I still get 21 minutes.

    Therefore, this seems to be another bug which we'll need to have fixed before we can deploy this new version to manufacuring, so please look into this, let me know what you find, and thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Does this happen all the time?
    Are you running a script?
    What other commandline paramaters are you using?

    Thanks.
    Ian

    Comment


    • #3
      To answer your questions Ian, ...
      - Yes, this happens every time I supply the /r switch.
      - I do have a pre-test script to supply system information (e.g. Machine Type, Serial, Notes), but I don't have a full test script as I'm simply relying on the last used test configuration.
      - I'm also supplying the /p switch and the /x switch.


      However, upon further review, I get the same 21 minute test if I skip the /r switch and instead start the tests from the BurnInTest dialog. Prior to running though, the test configuration does report the expected test time of 240 minutes.
      Last edited by Taco Bell; 05-04-2009, 01:53 PM. Reason: Added additional insight.

      Comment


      • #4
        Again, thanks. I see the problem. This will be corrected in the next minor release, due in the next day or two.
        Regards,
        Ian

        Comment


        • #5
          We have released a new build, V6.0.1008.0003 that we believe resolves this issue.
          http://passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

          Please let us know if it does not resolve the problem.

          Thanks.
          Ian

          Comment


          • #6
            I tried out the new v6.0 build (100, but I basically get the same problem as before. However, now the running test time has changed from 21 minutes to 25 minutes whereas I still expected it to be 240 minutes.

            At this point, it seems I should send you a copy of my default configuration, but let me know Ian.
            Last edited by Taco Bell; 05-13-2009, 04:18 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              We have investigated further and we have fixed the problem this time. We plan a new public release with the correction shortly (either Friday, or possibly next week).

              Sorry for the inconvenience.

              Regards,
              Ian

              Comment


              • #8
                Sounds good Ian and thanks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The correction is in the new build, BurnInTest V6.0.1009:
                  http://passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

                  Please let me know if you still have problems.

                  Thanks
                  Ian

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm happy to report that my problem with the running test time has now been resolved.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X