Bootable USB Flash Drive (UFD) Download
PassMark's Bootable USB Flash Drive can be updated by downloading the update package.
The download package includes a tool to write a complete update to the UFD. To use this update you will need the physical Bootable USB Flash Drive supplied by PassMark Software. Instructions are included in the readme.txt file in the download package.
Here’s a summary of all the changes that have been made in each version of the Bootable USB Flash Drive.
Version 4.4 build 1001, 11/April/2019
- Software Updates: BurnInTest Linux 4.0 build 1005, BurnInTest 9.0 build 1014, PerformanceTest V9 build 1031
Version 4.4 build 1000, 10/August/2018
- Updated Porteus self booting environment to 4.0
- Software Updates: BurnInTest Linux 4.0 build 1004, BurnInTest 9.0 build 1010, PerformanceTest V9 build 1026
Version 4.3 build 1003, 9/May/2018
- Fixed an issue in BurnInTest 64bit with CPU temperatures not being available due to a missing device driver file
Version 4.3 build 1002, 28/March/2018
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 9.0.1004
Version 4.3 build 1001, 19/March/2018
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 9.0.1001, PerformanceTest 9.0.1024
Version 4.3 build 1000, 23/February/2018
- Updated Porteus self booting environment to 4.0 RC4
Version 4.2 build 1000, 31/January/2018
- Software Updates: BurnInTest Linux 4.0.1002, BurnInTest 8.1.1025, PerformanceTest 9.0.1023
- Renamed PCTK.exe AppLauncher.exe
- Removed power tester and PCI POST card documentation (these items are no longer sold)
- Updated user guide
Version 4.1 build 1011, 6/September/2017
- Software Updates: BurnInTest Linux 4.0.1001, BurnInTest 8.1.1024, PerformanceTest 9.0.1018
Version 4.1 build 1010, 19/May/2017
- Software Updates: BurnInTest Linux 4.0.1000, BurnInTest 8.1.1022, PerformanceTest 9.0.1014
Version 4.1 build 1009, 9/January/2017
- Fixed a licencing issue with PerformanceTest that was preventing chart data being downloaded and tests being run
- Updated Porteus self booting environment to 3.2.2
Version 4.1 build 1008, 9/December/2016
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 8.1.1019, BurnInTest Linux 3.4.1002, PerformanceTest 9.0.1005, KeyboardTest 3.2.1001, MonitorTest 3.2.1005, BatteryMon 2.1.1009, Sleeper 2.3.1012, USB3Test 2.0.1004
Version 4.1 build 1007, 2/September/2016
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 8.1.1018, BurnInTest Linux 3.4.1000
Version 4.1 build 1006, 7/April/2016
- Old 2GB USB drives are no longer supported. The new image is a 4GB image so it will only work on the 4GB (and 8GB) PassMark USB drives
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 8.1.1014, BurnInTest Linux 3.3.1002, PerformanceTest 8.0.1053, WirelessMon 4.0.1009, BatteryMon 2.1.1008, MonitorTest 3.2.1004, DisckCheckup 3.4.1001, Sleeper 2.3.1010, USB3Test 1.0.1006, Rebooter 1.3.1005
Version 4.1 build 1005, 2/September/2015
- Updated a config file so when booting using UEFI the user is set to root and BurnInTest will automatically launch
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 8.1.1009
Version 4.1 build 1004, 6/August/2015
- Software Updates: BurnInTest Linux 3.3.1000, BurnInTest 8.1.1006, PerformanceTest 8.0.1051
Version 4.1 build 1003, 15/June/2015
- Updated Porteus self booting environment to 3.1
- Software Updates: BurnInTest Linux 3.2.1004, BurnInTest 8.0.1045, DiskCheckup 3.3.1000, PerformanceTest 8.0.1048, MonitorTest 3.2.1001
Version 4.1 build 1002, 5/February/2015
- Added new software: MonitorTest 3.2.1000 and KeyboardTest 3.1.1000
Version 4.1 build 1001, 12/January/2015
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 8.0.1032, PerformanceTest 8.0.1043
Version 4.1 build 1000, 31/October/2014
- Changed self booting environment to Porteus for better USB3 support
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 8.0.1015, PerformanceTest 8.0.1042, BurnInTest Linux 3.2.1001, DiskCheckup 3.2.1000, USB3Test 1.0.100
Version 4.0 build 1003, 14/July/2014
- Slax boot will now attempt to automount the first optical drive found on boot to /mnt/cdrom
- Software Updates: BurnInTest 8.0.1001, PerformanceTest 8.0.1036
Version 4.0 build 1002, 16/December/2013
- Added some AMD specific modules (drivers) to the Slax boot
- Software updates: BurnInTest 7.1.1023.1001, PerformanceTest 8.0.1027
Version 4.0 build 1001, 21/November/2013
- Changed self booting environment to use Slax, persistent changes are now off by default to prevent problems where the file system fills up and stops the UFD from booting correctly
- In self boot, added a start up script to attempt to automatically mount available hard drive partitions
- Software updates: BurnInTest 7.1.1023, PerformanceTest 8.0.1026, BurnInTest Linux 3.1.1002 DiskCheckup 3.1.1007
Version 4.0 build 1000, 8/August/2013
- First release of Linux based (Fedora 18 x64) self booting image. Due to image size changes only the newer PassMark UFDs will be able to use this image (those with capacities of 4GB or larger).
Version 3.1 build 1004, 12/August/2013
- Final release of WinPE bootable PC Test Kit, please see here for more information
- Updated Bootable BurnInTest and BurnInTest to v7.1.1010.
Version 3.1 build 1003, 5/August/2013
- Added the PassMark USB3 plug driver to the self booting WinPE image. This is only the driver for the USB3 plugs however and does not include specific USB3 chipset drivers. This means the plugs should work on USB2 ports however unless WinPE has the driver for the specific USB3 chipset in use on the system, unlikely as Windows 7 does not natively support USB3, it will not work on USB3 ports.
Version 3.1 build 1002, 4/July/2013
- Fixed a licensing issue that could affect BurnInTest and PerformanceTest
- Software updates: BurnInTest v7.1.1002, PerformanceTest v8.0.1020
Version 3.1 build 1001, 19/March/2013
- Software updates: BurnInTest v7.1.1001, PerformanceTest v8.0.1018, USB3Test v1.0.1002
Version 3.1 build 1000, 30/January/2013
- Changed self boot to use a 64bit version of WinPE and will launch a 64bit version of BurnInTest Pro
- Software updates: BurnInTest v7.0.1017, PerformanceTest v8.0.1011, Sleeper V2.3.1009, DiskCheckup 3.1.1005
Version 3.0 build 1005, 19/September/2012
- Software updates: BurnInTest v7.0.1015, WirelessMon 4.0.1007
- BatteryMon: Fixed a licensing issue stopping BatteryMon from being run correctly
Version 3.0 build 1004, 19/June/2012
- Software updates: BatteryMon 2.1.1007, BurnInTest v7.0.1013, DiskCheckUp 3.1.1004, PerformanceTest 7.0.1029 and Post card software 2.61.
- Documentation updates.
Version 3.0 build 1003, 12/December/2011
- Software updates: BurnInTest v7.0.1005 and USB2Test v1.1.1009.
Version 3.0 build 1002, 20/October/2011
- Corrected a problem where Bootable BurnInTest did not work when older PassMark UFD's were updated to Version 3.0 of the UFD image.
- Software updates: BurnInTest v7.0.1003, and DiskCheckUp 3.1.1001. Documentation updates.
Version 3.0 build 1001, 19/September/2011
- The v3.0.1000 bootable image could not be copied to some PassMark UFD's as it was slightly too big. The image size has been corrected. This build includes no software changes.
Version 3.0 build 1000, 14/September/2011
- Bootable image updated to v3.0.1000 (includes updates to Microsoft WinPE 3.0, BurnInTest v7.0.1001 and USB 2.0 Loobpack Plug device drivers V7.0.1001).
- Software updates: BurnInTest v7.0.1001, PerformanceTest 7.0.1024, WirelessMon 4.0.1005, DiskCheckUp 3.1.1000 and USB 2.0 Loobpack Plug device drivers 7.0.1001. Documentation updates.
Version 2.0 build 1006, 11/May/2011
- Bootable image updated to v2.0.1006 (includes BurnInTest v6.0.1030).
- Software updates: BurnInTest v6.0.1030, PerformanceTest 7.0.1022 and WirelessMon 4.0.1003. Documentation updates.
Version 2.0 build 1005, 13/January/2011
- Improved the UFD update process by changing the image format to imageUSB 1.1 and later. Download imageUSB to update the image on your existing Passmark UFD.
- Bootable image updated to v2.0.1005.
- Software updates: BurnInTest v6.0.1027, PerformanceTest 7.0.1020 and DiskCheckup 3.0.1005. Documentation updates.
Version 2.0 build 1004, 26/July/2010
- Bootable image updated to v2.0.1004. Correction to the startup of Bootable BurnInTest for some systems with no hard disks.
- Software updates: BurnInTest v6.0.1024, PerformanceTest 7.0.1015, WirelessMon 126.96.36.1995, BatteryMon 188.8.131.524 and DiskCheckup 3.0.1000.
Version 1.0 - 18/November/2009
- First version.