USB3 Firmware Updater
Update to the latest firmware version for your PassMark USB 3.0 loopback plug
PassMark USB3 Firmware Updater
PassMark USB3 Firmware Updater is a simple Windows based application that allows users to update the firmware on their USB 3.0 loopback plug to the latest release version.
USB3 Firmware Updater is designed
for use in conjunction with PassMark's USB
3.0 loopback plug and will successfully update the
device's firmware connected through a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port.
The latest firmware release is included in the Firmware Updater download. The firmware version number of your device is displayed upon connecting your plug to a USB port.
Latest release date:
14 November 2016
Free with the purchase of a PassMark USB 3.0 loopback plug
(See sales page for USB 3.0 loopback plug pricing details)
Windows 7, 8 & 10.
Firmware updates on Linux are not supported.
512MB RAM, 1MB Disk space
Screen shot: The main window
The above diagram shows the results display following a successful firmware update.
The USB3 Firmware Updater utility can only be used with the PassMark USB 3.0 loop back plug.
Firmware change history
v2.3 Release date: 14th November 2016
- Implemented CONFIG_LPM_ENTRY command to allow enabling and disabling of U1/U2 sleep modes entry. Disabling U1/U2 sleep modes entry during the test helps to prevent the surge currents needed when power cycling the USB3 PHY transceiver. These surge currents lead to sudden drop in the plug's supply voltage and could result in 8b/10b decoding errors
- Added plug's serial number to the first screen message
v2.2 Release date: 25th October 2016
- Implemented CLEAR FEATURE request to allow the host to reset the endpoint after it has entered the STALL condition
- Moved all Vendor Request's processing to the main thread
- These changes allow better recovery from low level signal integrity errors. Previously corrupted data, for example due to a bad cable, could result in a hang condition in the firmware. Applications can now log the error, reset the transfer and continue testing
v2.1 Release date: 31th August 2016
- Fixed a re-enumeration issue with Cypress CY4609, Texas Instruments TUSB8041 and Microchip USB5534B hubs. These specfic hubs were found to be slow is detecting a device disconnect. Failure of these hubs to detect a disconnect prevented the plugs from re-enumerating with new settings. The work around was to add a small delay 100ms in the FW between device disconnect and reconnect. If these hubs are not being used, then there is no need to update the firmware.
v2.0 Release date: 17th June 2016
- Benchmark result enhanced by increasing the buffer size and optimizing the firmware (buffers optimized based on test mode, firmware code optimized, data and stack size optimized, compiler speed and size optimization enabled)
- Loopback buffer size has increased from 32K bytes to 64K bytes to improve the loopback performance
- Added firmware feature to select the enumeration speed i.e. switching between Super-Speed(5Gb/s), High-Speed(480Mb/s) and Full-Speed(12Mb/s) is possible via Test application
- Added Low-level error reporting feature
- Fixed isochronous issue with high-bandwidth transfers (number of transfers per microframe > 1) in high speed mode
- Isochronous descriptors changed to have one endpoint at a time in benchmark test to avoid getting "Not enough USB controller resources" error from the host controller driver
- Added SET_DISP_MODE command to suspend LCD thread before starting Benchmark test to avoid corrupting display contents
- Fixed issue of displaying LCD messages in application when device is enumerated as Full-Speed
- Added GET_DEVICE_INFO command to get the plug's firmware version
- Added GET_MAX_SPEED command to get the maximum speed supported by the USB port
v1.7 Release date: 7th March 2016
- Resolved volts too high issue occuring during loopback test
- Resolved blank LCD issue occurs after long period of test
v1.6 Release date: 23rd December 2015
- Compiled image using latest SDK 1.3.3
v1.5 Release date: 3rd December 2014
- Changed LCD update frequency to minimise "failed to read voltage data, device might be busy" messages.
- Fixed the spacing of text on the LCD display
- Compiled image using SDK 1.2.4
v1.4 Release date: 11th March 2013
- Disabled suspend entry for continued voltage measurement during sleep
v1.3 Release date: 5th March 2013
- Resolved suspend issue occurring on particular USB 2.0 host controllers
- Removed 'check plug connection' message during suspend
v1.2 Initial Release
- Changed voltage error message from "voltage too high/low" to "volts too high/low"