PassMark Sleeper - What's New?
Here’s a summary of all the changes that have been made in each version of Sleeper. Click here to return to the Sleeper product page.
Version 2.3 (1009) - 15 October 2012
1. Fixed a bug where the cycle count was not being logged correctly
Version 2.3 (1008) - 10 October 2012
1. Fixed a bug that could prevent the "sleep time too short" error being displayed correctly
2. Updated the help to add some information about warning and error conditions
Version 2.3 (1007) - 13 September 2012
1. Fixed a registry write error in Windows 8 when using the "Restart automatically after power cycle" option
Version 2.3 (1006) - 12 May 2010
1. Removed restriction prohibiting the running of external apps when using command line parameters
2. Fixed bug where it was not possible to run when only hibernate mode is supported
Version 2.3 (1005) - 22 May 2009
1. Added "Wake Source" log message when using "Debug & Events" configuration option (Vista Only)
2. Fixed some possible crashes that could occur during logging
Version 2.3 (1004) - 8 July 2008
1. Added additional error reporting for logging failures.s
Version 2.3 (1003) - 24 September 2007
1. Fixed a bug which only became apparent after Sleeper had been cycling for many hours.
Version 2.3 (1002) - 23 August 2007
1. Added extra display box showing current cycle number.
2. Fixed a rare bug involving crashing on exit.
Version 2.3 (1001) - 6 July 2007
1. Help file updated for Vista.
2. Tested to work with Vista.
Version 2.3 (build 1000) 5 Oct 2006
1. First attempt a being Vista compatible. In Vista may need to set administrator privilege level from .exe properties. More work, including a complete re-write of the help file is still required for full Vista compatibility.
2. Additional checking and warnings messages about needing to be the administrator New icon with 256 colors
3. Changes to a number of internal functions to give the software a better chance of working on Vista.
Version 2.2 (build 1006) - 22 December 2005
1. Fixed bug whereby if the log file name length is too long, Sleeper's
stack gets corrupt,
resulting in unexpected behavior. Log file name length can now accomodate up to 511 characters.
If a -L option is followed by a log file name whose length is greater than 511, an error message box
will be displayed.
2. Fixed bug whereby log entry is written to the desktop
3. Added separators after coomand line options report.
4. Added separators before "About to start next cycle"
5. Fixed bug whereby -B does not override configuration file in command line, i.e.:
Sleeper.exe --config=configAllSleepState.dat -B -E
will execute all sleep states instead of only supported states.
6. Feature enhancement: Sleeeper will create the log path if it does not exist.
Supported paths are:
a) Absolute local path, i.e. beginning with an alphabet followed by a colon or
beginning with an alpha-numeric and not followed by a colon.
(Example: A:\a\b\c\d\test.log, b:\1\2\3\4\5\here.log, etc,
my\path\test.log, 1\2\3\test.log, etc)
b) Network path, i.e. beginning with double backslashes followed by the shared folder's name
(Example: \\userXP\sharedFolder\example.log, etc)
Unsupported paths are:
a) Relative paths (i.e. paths that starts with dots or double dots, or paths
that contains dots or double dots between back slashes)
(Example: .\my\path\test.log, ..\my\path\test.log, C:\a\b\..\c\.\my.log)
7. Feature enhancement: Sleeper will not support Hibernate (S4) if Hibernate is not enabled
from Control Panel:Power Options. It will treat it as an unsupported mode. However, Sleeper
does not prevent user from checking S4 and forcing system to Hibernate even though Hibernate is
not enabled from the Control Panel:Power Options.
Version 2.2 (build 1005) - 08 December 2005
- Fix bug in configuration window whereby "Log to file", "Restart automatically after power cycle" and "Stop and prompt user upon error" cannot be unchecked once it is checked.
- Because "Log level:Debug" turns on trace logging in Sleeper's user visible log file, "debug.log" has been removed.
- Fix bug whereby "Log colour classification" is not repainted if sleep is skipped.
- Fixed bug whereby logs are split between 2 files.
- Fixed bug where invalid command line option causes crash.
- Added error dialog for invalid command line.
- Check boxes to run suspend states are now saved in configuration file.
- Change command line behavior to following:
i) If no command line options are specified, Sleeper will attempt to load the last used configuration (sleeperCfg.dat). If sleeperCfg.dat is not present, default values will be used.
ii) If a configuration file is specified, the configuration file will be used.
iii) If a configuration file is specified along with other command line options, the configuration file will be used. Any command
line option that appears after the configuration file (i.e. --config option) will override the configuration file's settings.
For example, if the sleep duration for S1-S is 60 in "myconfig.dat", and we run Sleeper with:
Sleeper.exe --config=myconfig.dat -R 90.
Then Sleeper will attempt to sleep for 90 seconds instead of 60
iv) If command line options are specified without a configuration file (i.e. without --config option), default values will be used and
the command line options will override its default values. If any of the command line option is invalid, Sleeper will use its default
values. However, if a valid log file is specified (i.e. valid -L, -La or -Lo option) along with other invalid options, logs will be written to the specified log file.
- Added -La (append to log) and -Lo (overwrite log) in command line.
- Sets default behavior to append to log unless -Lo is specified.
- Changed behavior where if log file name is changed in Configuration window, it will only take effect from next start of
Sleeper. It now takes effect immediately when user clicks "OK".
- Online help file updated