V8.0 (Build 1045)
Latest release date:
27th January 2015
What's new for this release.
Free 30 day evaluation, then US$27.00 to purchase.
(See sales page for more pricing details)
XP SP3, 2003 Server, Vista, 2008 Server, Windows 7, 2012 Server, Windows 8
1280 x 1024 pixel display, DirectX 9.0c or higher, 1GB RAM, 100MB of free hard disk space (plus additional hard disk space to run the Disk test and the advanced CD burn test)
Related software :
PerformanceTest Mobile for Android
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest ™ allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
- Find out if your PC is performing at its best.
- Compare the performance of your machine to similar machines.
- Measure the effect of configuration changes and upgrades.
- Avoid paying big bucks for poor performance.
- Make objective independent measurements on which to base your
- Use the advanced tests to create you own benchmark scenarios
Thirty-two standard benchmark tests are available in five test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
Standard test suites
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
Advanced configurable tests
- Advanced Disk
- Advanced CD / DVD
- Advanced 3D graphics
- Advanced Networking (for Ethernet, Internet and Wireless)
- Advanced Memory
- Advanced Visualized Physics
- Advanced DirectCompute
PassMark Rating and comparable baselines
In addition to the standard tests, there are 7 summary results plus the overall "PassMark Rating" result. The benchmark results are presented as easy to read bar charts so that you don't need to spend hours studying the number to know the result. Timing for the tests is done using high resolution timers, which are accurate to approximately 1 millionth of a second on most PC's.
A major advantage is the support for built-in baseline results which allows you to compare computer systems (a baseline is a standard set of results from another computer). These baseline results can be used to determine how fast your computer is in comparison with other computer systems.
PerformanceTest comes with six baseline results as well as the ability to search and download thousands more from our online database of user submission.
The application includes the following additional features:
- Comprehensive online help
- Supports hyper-threading, and multiple CPUs testing
- Detailed disk speed graphs
- Supports printing results
- The ability to save your benchmark results to disk as a new baseline
- A customizable "Notes" field for storing your own information along with the saved Benchmark result.
- Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word)
- Export results to HTML, text, GIF, and BMP formats
- Single test execution, execution of a test suite or execution of all tests with a single mouse click.
- A summary 'Mark' figure for each test suite plus the calculation of the PassMark Rating figure.
- An easy to use point and click interface
- A summary system information screen including CPU type, CPU speed, Total RAM, Video Hardware, Cluster size, etc..
- The ability to compare the performance of your computer to multiple 'Baseline' computers at the one time.
- Flexible license, move the software
No Nonsense Licensing
Flexible no nonsense licensing. Once purchased you can move the software between machines as required. There is no hardware locking, no online activation process, no time based expiry & no annual fees. The software can be run direct from a USB drive or CD drive, and a network connection is not required to use the software. Multi user and site licenses are also available. See the FAQ to work out how many licenses are required in various scenarios.
The seven advanced testing windows allow experienced users to create their own test scenarios and conduct an in-depth analysis of their hardware's behavior. Each advanced testing window allows the user to select from a number of parameters and when appropriate graph the results, export the results and measure the CPU load. By adjusting the input parameters is it possible to measure the optional performance under a variety of different scenarios.
Advanced Disk Testing
Test the speed of your disk using different file sizes, block sizes and caching options.
Advanced CD / DVD Testing
Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive using different test durations, block sizes and caching options.
Advanced 3D Testing
Test the speed of your 3D video card by selecting from options such as fogging, lighting, alpha blending, wire frame, texturing, resolution, color depth, object rotation and object displacement.
Advanced Networking Test
Measure the network speed between any two computers using TCP/IP. The network speed test can be conducted across a company LAN or across the Internet to determine the point to point throughput. Adjust parameters such as the host name, IP address, port number and block size. Works with dialup modems, ADSL, cable and LANs.
Advanced Memory Test
Measure the read and write speed of your RAM. Parameters include data size (8 bits to 32 bits) and a selection of two test modes. Linear sequential access across various block sizes or non sequential access with a varying step size. This allows both the effect of RAM caching and the optimizations in the memory controller to be investigated.
Advanced Visualized Physics Test
View a visual representation of what the standard CPU Physics test is doing. You can also tweak the simulation parameters to get different effects.
Advanced DirectCompute Test
Test your Videocard's DirectCompute performance with a series of tests.
To upgrade any version of PerformanceTest to PerformanceTest V8 please visit our Upgrade order
page for details.
Free upgrades are available for existing users who purchased and received their keys on or after 10th of April 2012.