WirelessMon version 2 is now available.
After months of work, we are pleased to announce the release of WirelessMon V2.
This is a free upgrade to all users who purchased V1 of the software. Your existing license keys will work in the new software.
See the WirelessMon product page for more information and download links.
New features include.
- GPS support added
- Redesigned user interface, added toolbar and menus, removed the buttons from the bottom of the window.
- Ability to connect to an access point from within WirelessMon. Right click on an access point in the list on the summary tab and select the "Connect to AP" option from the menu.
- New channel graph on summary tab showing the channel usage of all detected access points.
- Graphs for "Signal strength (db) vs time" and "Signal strength percentage vs time" and can now be done based on access point rather than just network card.
- WirelessMon window is now re-sizable.
- Configuration tab has been removed and replaced with a Configuration menu. The new menu is in three sections of general, logging and map options.
- Added "minimise on close" to the general options.
- A Map tap has been added, this is for displaying an image and drawing a visual representations of sampled access point signal strengths. The samples can be taken by either clicking on the image or using GPS coordinates.
- SSID filter list has been added the logging options. If something is entered in this list only SSIDs that match the contents of the list will be logged.
- Added "MapPoint" format options to the access point log and connected node log. This will save these logs in a format ready to import into MapPoint.
- Added a way to customise the colour corresponding to signal strength for the graph on the summary tab and the display of signal strength on the map tab.
Any problems or questions, please let us know.